INSIDE QATAR: ‘Major General Eng. Abdul Aziz assures safe and secure World Cup in Qatar’

FIFA announced that Qatar will host the 2022 FIFA World Cup, On December 2, 2010, bringing the world’s most prestigious tournament to the Middle East for the first time in the tourney’s 92-year history. Qatar won the privilege to host the World Cup on the fourth ballot, beating Australia, Japan, South Korea, and the United States.

Qatar’s winning bid outlined the “most compact” World Cup ever, with all but one of the 12 proposed venues within 60 kilometers of each other.
There are mere months before another men’s FIFA World Cup and Qatar will host 31 other nations that will play 64 games, beginning and ending in Lusail Iconic Stadium which was designed specifically for the World Cup and which will have a zero carbon footprint. The tournament also promises to leave a lasting legacy, not only in Qatar but across the world after the organizers pledged to reconfigure nine of the stadiums after the tournament and to provide 170,000 seats to emerging nations to help develop their sports infrastructure.

This will be the first time such event will be held at the end of the calendar year in November and December. Eight stadiums will host the event across five cities in Qatar: Lusall, Al Khor, Al Rayyan, Al Wakrah and Doha.
The opening day of the two-day conference was attended by Prime Minister and Minister of Interior H E Sheikh Khalid bin Khalifa bin Abdulaziz Al Thani and Deputy Prime Minister and Minister of State for Defence Affairs H E Dr. Khalid bin Mohamed Al Attiyah.
Speaking to the media last Friday, Major General Eng. Abdul Aziz Abdullah Al Ansari, Chairman of the Safety & Security Operations Committee (SSOC) for Qatar 2022, told delegates during the opening of the FIFA World Cup Qatar 2022 Security Last-Mile Conference, at InterContinental Doha, yesterday that Qatar will host a safe and a well secured 2022 FIFA World Cup.

“This conference comes a few months before the FIFA World Cup Qatar 2022 as a continuation of international coordination and cooperation efforts and the exchange of experiences between various countries and security authorities. It affirms the joint responsibility in achieving the highest security and safety standards during the World Cup,” Maj. Gen Al Ansari said.
Last year’s FIFA Arab Cup, was a momentous occasion to measure the security, logistical and organisational readiness for a major football tournament, Maj Gen Al Ansari mentioned.

“Qatar has acquired the highest security levels and currently ranked as one of the most secured countries with low crime rates. Qatar has also developed its security protocols seen in events hosted, last year. We were pleased by the positive feedbacks from other Arabic-speaking participating countries in the last few events we have hosted, which will help us present a safe World Cup,” he added.
A total of 29 of 32 teams have officially qualified for the 2022 World Cup in Qatar, including the host nation. That leaves three spots to be filled in June.
In addition to host nation Qatar, there have been 12 nations from Europe to qualify for the tournament, four from South America, four from Asia, five from Africa, and three from North America.
Subscribe to our website, and receive more viral, educational, and exclusive news.
What are your thoughts on this piece? We’d love to hear from you, so please leave a remark below.
For additional information, visit As Join us on your favorite social media platform!
We are present on every social media network. Follow us on Facebook for the latest news: Click HERE to follow us.
Source: Joyprimegh.com

The post INSIDE QATAR: ‘Major General Eng. Abdul Aziz assures safe and secure World Cup in Qatar’ appeared first on JoyPrimeGh.Com.